Here are some ideas for celebrating the day!
- Write a letter to someone with your favorite fountain pen and ink. Under your signature you can write the pen & ink you used.
- Go through your stationery collection and use some of those you have saved for a special occasion. Surprise a friend with that vintage paper.
- You can make up a FPD “intro to fountain pens” pack for a friend like this.
- Post on your favorite forum or blog by writing it out with your fountain pen. Then take a picture of it and post it. Again, under your signature write what pen & ink you used.
- Instead of typing Facebook status updates and tweets on Twitter, write them and upload a picture of them (mention the reason that you’re doing it at well.)
- Take one of the pens you don’t use anymore and send it off to a friend with a handwritten note. If you don’t have any pens you want to part with you can shop one of the online retailers and have it sent direct to them.
- Make that the weekend you have your pen club meet up.
- Turn off your computer and put down the phone and spend some time writing.
If you have any additional ideas on ways to celebrate this day, please let us know – we’d love to hear and add them to this list!